SOLVED

Form fill out by person with cookie - corresponding person is deleted or merged in MKTO

Go to solution
SvenVH
Level 1

Form fill out by person with cookie - corresponding person is deleted or merged in MKTO

Does anybody knows what happens in this case?

For starters we have 3 duplicates in MKTO.

A person has a cookie in his browser for one of the 3 duplicates.

A clean up of the database is done, and 2 of the 3 are deleted and/or merged, also the person associated with the cookie. We have 1 person left.

What happens if this person fills out a form with the email address of the one remaining lead - the lead associated with the cookie doesn't exist anymore

• Is the remaining lead updated with the form fill out data?
  • Or is a person created in MKTO?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Form fill out by person with cookie - corresponding person is deleted or merged in MKTO

The existing person record will be updated, and Marketo will not create a new person as Marketo de-duplicates people on form-fill activity.

In case there are duplicate records, and the person fills out the form, Marketo follows the below order for determining the correct person record to update:

• If one of the duplicate records is cookied (i.e., has a Munchkin token associated with it), the cookied record will be updated regardless if a duplicate record was updated last.
  • If the Munchkin token isn't associated with any of duplicate records (i.e., none of the duplicate records are cookied in the browser), Marketo will associate the form fillout activity with the record that was most recently updated.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Form fill out by person with cookie - corresponding person is deleted or merged in MKTO

The existing person record will be updated, and Marketo will not create a new person as Marketo de-duplicates people on form-fill activity.

In case there are duplicate records, and the person fills out the form, Marketo follows the below order for determining the correct person record to update:

• If one of the duplicate records is cookied (i.e., has a Munchkin token associated with it), the cookied record will be updated regardless if a duplicate record was updated last.
  • If the Munchkin token isn't associated with any of duplicate records (i.e., none of the duplicate records are cookied in the browser), Marketo will associate the form fillout activity with the record that was most recently updated.