Re: Form Fields Without a Data Field

Jena_Leibowitz
Level 1

Form Fields Without a Data Field

Hi All!

I'm working on creating an RSVP form. I wanted to include a field for "number of guests," but we don't currently have that as a data field. Is there any way to create a form field that doesn't correspond to a data field?

If there isn't, do you have any suggestions for best practices for a field like this in Marketo?

[Apologies if this is basic! I'm struggling to find answers and wasn't sure where else to go.]

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is there any way to create a form field that doesn't correspond to a data field?

Technically yes, but that's papering over the question where do you want the field data to be stored?  If you have a fake field on the form, then the data is going to be discarded. Surely that's not what you want.

When you say "a field like this" do you mean a field that pertains to one event and has no need to be stored after the event is over? For this you can create a reusable Integer field like LastEventNumberOfGuests which can be overwritten for later events. Or a String field with the same name that stores the name of the last event and the number of guests, like "2019-06-07 Bacon Brunch: 2" (this requires help from a little JS, though).

Jena_Leibowitz
Level 1

Yes! This is exactly what I needed to know. Thank you for your help!