Attention: The Marketo Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Form fields in an email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form fields in an email

I have a request to add 5 questions within a Marketo email instead of going to a landing page. Is there a workaround? Is it possible to set up a form within an email?

Is there a workaround in Marketo that allows us to do this? Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Form fields in an email

Emails don't support forms (this has been discussed here a few times -- do a search).

You can have a single question that's answered via link click. But then you need to take them to the full form for the remainder of the qs.

Trish_Voskovitc
Level 5

Sanford,

Can you direct me to an article/instructions on how to add 1 field to an email (single question that's answered via link click). I am not finding anything.

Trish

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just add a link that carries the "answer" in the query string:

<a href="http://pages.example.com/pagewithform?question1=oranges">I choose oranges</a>

Then set a hidden field on your form to AutoFill from that query param.

In this setup, they still need to click a button to submit the answer. And this is A Good Thing, as I would no longer suggest tracking anything based only on the click. Mail scanners will click links for you, which makes such "instant" methods unusable in the real world.