SOLVED

Form Field Value - changing automatically

Go to solution
RDheera
Level 2

Form Field Value - changing automatically

Hi,

I have set all fields as mandatory in a form using custom JavaScript in Marketo. However, I have noticed that only three leads had their values changed in the database, despite submitting the form with all required fields completed. Upon reviewing the screenshot, I noticed that some activities were changed while submitting the form. I am unsure how the values for these individuals were stored as empty.

It's worth noting that there were no JavaScript errors during the form submission process, as around 15k members did not experience this issue. Can you please help me with this problem?

After the form validation, the fields 'Privacy Consent' and 'Opt-In' are checkboxes, so their stored value as 'NO' but it is not possible, we validate this fields to check in the form. However, we have noticed that two select box fields are storing empty values even after validation.

And one more point, we are not set any conditions to change the field value in campaigns.

Screenshot.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Form Field Value - changing automatically

Thanks for the reply, @RDheera! IMO if the CDV was done by a form-fill then IMO it's almost certain that the form validation didn't work for this person. The JS might be working in most cases, but there might be gaps in the JS, edge cases, due to which people are able to submit the form with a NULL/empty value for the fields which are coded as required, and we'd need to look at the JS to help you debug. Also, just curious as to why aren't you using the OOTB Marketo's capabilities to mark the form -fields as required. That's simpler and more reliable IMO.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1

Any reason you aren't you using OOTB form field validation capabilities in Marketo forms?

Just to verify, when you open up that Change Data Value activity (CDV), do you see the reason/source set the form fill out? This'll help ensuring that the fields aren't getting updated by any other source (e.g., Marketo flow actions). 

Darshil_Shah1_1-1681127721770.png

Also, if you want the community's help in figuring out JS issues, it'd be best to supply the page with the form and JS deployed. 🙂 

RDheera
Level 2

Hi  

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed the reason and source.  It shown as form as form fills out.

But we checked with my team heads there is no issue found in Javascript. 

Reason:
Form fill-out, URL: https:/abc.RegistrationForm.html?mkt_tok=NTIwLVJYUC0wMDMAAAGKQnMopGa3O4w5-goJT
Source:
Web form fillout
Darshil_Shah1

Thanks for the reply, @RDheera! IMO if the CDV was done by a form-fill then IMO it's almost certain that the form validation didn't work for this person. The JS might be working in most cases, but there might be gaps in the JS, edge cases, due to which people are able to submit the form with a NULL/empty value for the fields which are coded as required, and we'd need to look at the JS to help you debug. Also, just curious as to why aren't you using the OOTB Marketo's capabilities to mark the form -fields as required. That's simpler and more reliable IMO.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Just reinforcing Darshil's point that we must see your page w/JS to appraise the situation.