Re: Form Field Behaviour

Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Field Behaviour

Hi All,

We have a company field, which is a mandatory field in our web form fill. We have divided the company into three types, A, B and C. And added advanced setting that checks condition

IF  company type is A
THEN
show company name field

OR
IF company type is B

THEN

show company name field

We had hidden the company name for company type C.

However, we now want the company name to show up for company type C but it should  not be compulsory. I cant make it non compulsory as it checks for the field properties of the company name field which is set as a required field.

Can you pleas suggest me how can i make the company name field as non compulsory for a specific company type.

Thanks, Addy

8 REPLIES 8
Julz_James
Level 10

Are the company name fields different?  It looks like you want to show the company name field no matter what the company type is?  I think if it's the same field you're using then you can't its behavior for individual options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Juli,

I want to show the company name for all three types but for A and B type it should be compulsory and for type C it should not non compulsory. Its the same compnay name field

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi,

I don't think thats possible.  Because you can only put the field in once and the properties of that field are the same throughout the form no matter what visibility rules you put in.

You could create a temp company name field that shows if C is selected and then set up a smart campaign to populate the official Company Name field is the temp one is completed.

Juli

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Totes possible. You do the validation w/Forms API instead of the native "Required" flag.

As demoed here: MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Required Fields

Julz_James
Level 10

Ahhh..amazing!  Thanks for letting me know Sandy...learn something new every day 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks San,
Can you please elaborate?

Thanks,
Addy

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Did you look at the demo? There's working code there and the conditions object should be self-explanatory (look at the message property).

Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh got it sorry.