SOLVED

Re: Form Error Handling for Who Already Registered.

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Form Error Handling for Who Already Registered.

Hello there,

I am new in Marketo. The client is asking if is possible to block the registration/add a message if the learner tries to fill in the registration form when actually he already sent his request.

Is that possible?

I know that even if the learner filled in the form twice he will be registered only once.

Thanks a lot for your help on this!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

First, let's not use the term "form error" for this.  Form errors are either at the network level or during validation of form values, while what you describe is a valid condition, just a form reality more than an error.

Anyway, I gave the answer in this recent thread on the same topic: https://nation.marketo.com/message/183947-re-validate-email-address-live-on-the-landing-page#thread-...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

First, let's not use the term "form error" for this.  Form errors are either at the network level or during validation of form values, while what you describe is a valid condition, just a form reality more than an error.

Anyway, I gave the answer in this recent thread on the same topic: https://nation.marketo.com/message/183947-re-validate-email-address-live-on-the-landing-page#thread-...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

The link you gave me helps a lot.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sanford,

Sorry to bother you, I have a follow-up question,

The solution you gave helpful thank you for that.

The question is what if the lead clear his/her cache? The solution is for cookied lead who registered on the form.

Do we have an alternative solution or back up like IP detection?

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

The question is what if the lead clear his/her cache? The solution is for cookied lead who registered on the form.

No, it's not only for cookied leads. That wouldn't make sense, because it would mean any new device/browser/session wouldn't be covered. The solution I described works for a brand-new browser session where they've never been seen before.

Do we have an alternative solution or back up like IP detection?

IP addresses have no relevance for detecting individual users. Tens of thousands of people can share the same IP address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a possible solution or method?

SanfordWhiteman

I'm saying the solution I described in the other thread (and pictured in the animated GIF) does work for all sessions whether or not the person was previously known in the session.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford!