Re: Force sync from SFDC to Marketo

Charles_THIERY
Level 3

Force sync from SFDC to Marketo

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you ever tried this action. My issue is that I want that SFDC is forcing the update of specifc fields whenever it detects a change made in SFDC by an edit.

I've been created a date value which detect manual change on those specific fields in SFDC but now I want to force the update of those fields from SFDC to Marketo.

Grégoire Michel​, I've seen you answering question the other way around but do you have an idea on how to get this done from SFDC aspect please?

BR,

Charles

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I am hesitant to even mention this method, but you could use an Outbound Message or an (async) callout from an Apex trigger to the Marketo REST API, which in turn is picked up by a trigger campaign to force the sync.

However, this is not sustainable if you have a lot of updates. It may work for tactical responses to a a small number of "VIP" updates per day, but it's very demanding on Marketo API limits and I mention it more for completeness than as an actual recommendation.

Charles_THIERY
Level 3

Hello Sandford,

Normally, I should not have to many edit in SFDC. My issue is, I have a preference center hosted on marketo landing page that works fine, any changes there I'm forcing the sync to SFDC.

However, whenever a salesperson make a change on personal data for a specific person in SFDC, it's weird but it doesn't sounds to sync back those values to Marketo...

So right now my question is either there is an issue in our instance because SFDC do not push values to Marketo or the sync takes too long and that's why I'm looking for a way to force the sync from SFDC.

What is your guess? should I try your method or should I escalate a case to my support?

BR,

Charles

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Charles,

However, whenever a salesperson make a change on personal data for a specific person in SFDC, it's weird but it doesn't sounds to sync back those values to Marketo...

That should not be the case. You should check that the sync is not broken on this specific field (such as because of a change in the field name, or a change in rights): if you change the field value in Marketo, does it change in SFDC ? If this is the case it means that Marketo can access and update the field. If you had right issues, Marketo->SFDC updates would not work.

So if you pass the first test and if any change in SFDC on that same field does not reflect Marketo on next sync, call support in.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I completely agree with Greg -- if the sync is not running at all for these values, then you have to fix that (and force sync very unlikely to work around whatever is causing that, whether it be permissions or a system-level problem). 

Forcing sync could hurry-up the process, which is what I thought you wanted originally, but for the most part it's the same process.