SOLVED

Follow Up Email Dilemma

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow Up Email Dilemma

I have built a microsite that has 7 forms within it-- one per page. When a visitor enters a form, they immedately receive a "Thank you for downloading" email. Those are built in Smart Campaigns per form, and each one is different.

I have another follow-up email that I would like to be sent to any visitor that fills out a form two hours after the download. This is just one email for ANY download in the microsite. The problem I'm having is that inactivity filters "not was sent email" is not active for 30 minutes. This is a personal follow-up and would be obviously automated if a visitor receives two within a few minutes/hours.

My question is how can I MAKE SURE that each visitor is receiving the personal followup email ONLY once a day, at most? Is there a better way than the inactivity filters?

Thank you,
Taylor
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Follow Up Email Dilemma

You can have a single smart campaign that sends the second follow up email for all your forms. That way you can use qualification rules to ensure a lead doesn't pass through it more than once per day.  

Assumption: all your forms are within the same program, or if not, you put a common name convention in each of their titles to use for triggering. 

SMART LIST
Fills out form
Form name contains [program name or unique string]

FLOW
Wait - 2 hours
Send email [your second follow up]

QUALIFICATION RULES
Once per 24 hours

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can have a single smart campaign that sends the second follow up email for all your forms. That way you can use qualification rules to ensure a lead doesn't pass through it more than once per day.  

Assumption: all your forms are within the same program, or if not, you put a common name convention in each of their titles to use for triggering. 

SMART LIST
Fills out form
Form name contains [program name or unique string]

FLOW
Wait - 2 hours
Send email [your second follow up]

QUALIFICATION RULES
Once per 24 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

Justin,

You're a lovely person. Not sure why I didn't think of the common naming convention for the forms- but I just tested and it worked perfectly. Yes, they were all in the same program. And the qualification rules are taking care of leads receiving more than one email per period of time. Excellent suggestion-- THANK YOU!

Taylor
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can set the Schedule for that follow up campaign to Run Once per Day.

I think your campaign would be either

Fills Out Form IS XYZ on Pages XYZ
Filled Out Form IS XYZ In Past 2 hours

Send Email X

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can set the Schedule for that follow up campaign to Run Once per Day.

I think your campaign would be

Fills Out Form IS XYZ on Pages XYZ
Filled Out Form IS XYZ In Past 2 hours

Send Email X

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked! 🙂