SOLVED

Re: First time visitor to Adobe Summit - Vegas 2024 Top tips?

Go to solution
Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

First time visitor to Adobe Summit - Vegas 2024 Top tips?

March 2024 will be my first visit to the Adobe Las Vegas Summit, my ticket is bought, hotel booked and I'm more excited than a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

As a first time visitor to Adobe  Summit Las Vegas what should I be looking out for and what can I expect so I maximise my experience?

I work in-house for a B2B manufacturing company.

What are your recommendations, favourite sessions/labs/meet ups as well as top tips and tricks for an attendee? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsiebert
Level 4

@Zoe_Forman I'm starting to get excited too! This will be my second year at Summit, so while I am not a seasoned veteran of Summit, I do have some background now.

• The Adobe Summit mobile app is a game-changer, I definitely recommend downloading that when it becomes available for 2024. The app made it easy to find where your sessions are at on the map. 
  • You can go online and access the list of sessions now - you can't sign up yet but you can 'heart' the ones that you are interested in. There's an entire track dedicated to B2B marketing - that's a great place to start.
  • Last year, I was a little too trigger-happy with registering for sessions and I burnt out pretty quickly. I recommend allowing yourself some break time to check out the Community Pavilion and allow yourself time to decompress. Summit is exciting, but it can absolutely drain you.
  • Last year, all of the sessions had surveys at the end available on the mobile app. You should give yourself some time to fill out these surveys - I hear they really help the presenters! 
  • Bring something to take notes with, and don't forget a charger! I am not a handwritten note-taker kind of guy, but I am someone that likes to use OneNote and other apps to type out notes. I forgot my charger in my hotel room last year and regretted it. I could have walked back, but the resort is HUGE - even if you are staying there, it's a good 15 min walk there and back and didn't fit within my schedule. 

I hope you enjoy your first Summit and hope I see you there! 

Jack Siebert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jsiebert
Level 4

@Zoe_Forman I'm starting to get excited too! This will be my second year at Summit, so while I am not a seasoned veteran of Summit, I do have some background now.

• The Adobe Summit mobile app is a game-changer, I definitely recommend downloading that when it becomes available for 2024. The app made it easy to find where your sessions are at on the map. 
  • You can go online and access the list of sessions now - you can't sign up yet but you can 'heart' the ones that you are interested in. There's an entire track dedicated to B2B marketing - that's a great place to start.
  • Last year, I was a little too trigger-happy with registering for sessions and I burnt out pretty quickly. I recommend allowing yourself some break time to check out the Community Pavilion and allow yourself time to decompress. Summit is exciting, but it can absolutely drain you.
  • Last year, all of the sessions had surveys at the end available on the mobile app. You should give yourself some time to fill out these surveys - I hear they really help the presenters! 
  • Bring something to take notes with, and don't forget a charger! I am not a handwritten note-taker kind of guy, but I am someone that likes to use OneNote and other apps to type out notes. I forgot my charger in my hotel room last year and regretted it. I could have walked back, but the resort is HUGE - even if you are staying there, it's a good 15 min walk there and back and didn't fit within my schedule. 

I hope you enjoy your first Summit and hope I see you there! 

Jack Siebert
Zoe_Forman
Level 9 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@jsiebertBrilliant - so many helpful tips, such as the app and chargers! Also the size of the event (walking shoes a must).

Yes hope to see you there at Summit.

Zoe

Jon_Chen
Marketo Employee

Thanks for your question @Zoe_Forman and amazing tips by @jsiebert . To add onto this, please check out some tips I pulled from a similar post on the Adobe Analytics Community. There's also some bonus tips in that thread's comment section that I thought were surprisingly good! 

What to Add to Your Summit Schedule

If you are still trying to figure out what sessions to add, @Mandy_George314 suggests prioritizing labs first. “Most sessions will be online after, (but) the labs won’t be.”

Frederik also recommends taking a break between sessions. You can either find a quiet spot to check emails or take some time to visit the Community Pavilion. Champions will be hanging out at the Smart Bar to answer any questions you might have about Experience Cloud solutions, and rumor has it that there will be puppies and kittens to pet on Thursday. There are also many opportunities to network during the Summit, including the Community Pavilion. Mandy highly recommends making a QR code for your LinkedIn account to store in your badge so folks can scan it to connect after the Summit.

What to Bring

So many people, including @Brad-Bedford, cannot recommend wearing comfortable shoes enough for Summit. You will be doing a lot of walking from and to your room, between sessions, around the Pavilion, and more so make sure you pack your favorite walking shoes.

Shari and Brad also suggested that you may want to bring a small humidifier for your room. They tend to be on the drier side, and a portable humidifier can help with your sleep. Shari also pointed out that if you plan to walk around the Pavilion and like swag, you may want to have some space in your luggage. I have a soft spot for free t-shirts and pens myself (just in case Pavilion folks are wondering..)

Refillable water bottles are a must. We've already covered that there will be a lot of walking, and Shari pointed out that there are water stations everywhere. 

That covers the tips and tricks I've gotten from my fellow Champions. For those who have been to Summit before, please share your tips in the comments. For those who are brand new to Summit this year, feel free to drop your questions as well. I look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks!