Re: Firefox Developer Edition

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firefox Developer Edition

Hey groupthink, I discovered today via testing and confirmed by Marketo support that Marketo doesn't support embedded marketo forms on Firefox Developer Edition. Basically the form just won't submit. This browser doesn't have a huge market share yet, but for my audience (developers, yay) it is starting to be a real pain. I'm at a loss as to what to do and am at the point of just reverting to iframes (eeewwwww) or non-marketo forms (gasp.)

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

This is a nice tool if you end up doing iframes: embedresponsively.com

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I discovered today via testing and confirmed by Marketo support that Marketo doesn't support embedded marketo forms on Firefox Developer Edition. Basically the form just won't submit. This browser doesn't have a huge market share yet, but for my audience (developers, yay) it is starting to be a real pain. I'm at a loss as to what to do and am at the point of just reverting to iframes (eeewwwww) or non-marketo forms (gasp.)

Any thoughts?

I've used FF Dev as a default browser since it came out and I have a fix for this issue.  I'm also, you may know, the user most likely to post recipes for complex embedded forms, so needless to say I have to keep it working.)

Contact me at sandy@figureone.com.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

BTW this is not actually confined to Firefox Developer Edition.  It's simply that DE has more bleeding-edge Firefox code and yet is considered an official release for its audience.  Release (standard) FF will fail in the same way once the version catches up.  Currently DE is 46.*, Beta is 45.*, and Release is 44.*.   Release will be at 46 on April 19, 2016.