SOLVED

Filtering SFDC Campaign by Status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering SFDC Campaign by Status

I've linked a SFDC campaign to a Marketo campaign that I am currently running. The smart campaign contains the step Change Status in SFDC Campaign for those who register for the event. The campaign is setup to prevent those invited from being added to the campaign. However, all leads were added to the campaign when they were invited! I do not see a logical reason why this happened - does this happen automatically since the campaign was synced with the SFDC campaign at the Marketo program level?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Re: Filtering SFDC Campaign by Status

Hi Andrea, 

Yes, in my experience once I sync a Marketo Program with a SFDC Campaign, all leads/contacts are automatically added as Campaign Members. 

If needed, you can remove anyone with the status of Invited, but it could be great to see the full picture in your SFDC campaign - number invited, registered, attended, etc. 

Scott

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Hi Andrea, 

Yes, in my experience once I sync a Marketo Program with a SFDC Campaign, all leads/contacts are automatically added as Campaign Members. 

If needed, you can remove anyone with the status of Invited, but it could be great to see the full picture in your SFDC campaign - number invited, registered, attended, etc. 

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Scott. This answers my question perfectly. I'll just filter out the leads with the status of "Invited."

Thanks again!

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your trigger change the Marketo program status or the SFDC Campaign status? I'd set it up to change the Marketo Program status since that will automatically map over to the SFDC Campaign. Sometimes weird things happen with Marketo Programs if you send emails and such but you don't have any triggers setup to change any Program statuses. For our events, I always have a Smart Campaign setup to change the Program status when they fill out the form, and I've never had issues with invitees accidentally being added.