SOLVED

Filter 'Email address not contains "value" ' is not working in Smart list

Go to solution
Agrawal_Kirti
Level 2

Filter 'Email address not contains "value" ' is not working in Smart list

Hey Folks, I’ve noticed that the filter “Email address does not contain = @xyz.com” in the smart list is not functioning as expected. It is not suppressing any records. The count in the database matches the smart list count, even when I use multiple domains for suppression. It's only working on using “Email address does not contain = xyz.com” and that is not a best practice to not use "@" in domain.

It seems like there might be a bug in the instance.

Regards,
KIRTI
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Filter 'Email address not contains "value" ' is not working in Smart list

When you use [contains] and any item in the list starts with “@”, the whole filter changes ends-with mode and all items are treated as ends-with matches. This creates surprising behavior.

Therefore you must not put full email addresses and @domains in the same filter. Move them into separate filters.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
uditmathur
Level 6

Hi @Agrawal_Kirti ,

Filter is working perfectly at my end.

May be you should check if your smart list criteria is correct, else i will suggest to raise a support ticket.

uditmathur_1-1727090225284.png

Agrawal_Kirti
Level 2

Thanks @uditmathur ,

My concern is; I am using @xyz.com and kirti@abc.com both in my SL but it is not suppressing any record, even "kirti@abc.com".

I have already raised the ticket to support but haven't recieved any strong point from them yet.

Thanks!

Regards,
KIRTI
Ishita_Chawra
Level 3

@Agrawal_Kirti Hi,

say you are suppressing a smart list then you would use the smart list filters as below for suppressing. 
You will have to use separate filters for @xyz.com and kirti@abc.com as below and logic should be ALL. It worked for me when I tested. 
Hope this helps!
suppression -sample.jpg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

When you use [contains] and any item in the list starts with “@”, the whole filter changes ends-with mode and all items are treated as ends-with matches. This creates surprising behavior.

Therefore you must not put full email addresses and @domains in the same filter. Move them into separate filters.