Re: Filled out two or more unique forms

Jason_Scott
Level 4

Filled out two or more unique forms

I noticed if I use the "min number of times" constraint on filled out form its possible for someone to fill out the same form multiple times and it triggers.  Is there a way to filter unique forms?

8 REPLIES 8
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Jason,

The "min number of time" does not limit the number of times someone fills out a for. On the opposite, it waits until the person has filled out the form at least N times to trigger.

If you want to make sure someone can only through the smart campaign only once, use the qualification rules for this (in the schedule tab) and set them to "Only Once" or "Once every X hours/days/weeks".

-Greg

Jason_Scott
Level 4

Thanks for the reply.  Maybe I didn't explain clearly.  I'm looking to trigger when someone fills out two unique forms.

If a visitor to our site fills out form C to download content C, then returns to our site and fills out form G to download content G, after this second fills out form I want to trigger a smart campaign.  The fills out form trigger activates if someone fills out the same form twice or if they fill out two unique forms.  Is there any way to trigger only on unique forms?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Unfortunately, this type of "if distinct" constraint is not built in.

You could build a long and complex (perhaps impossibly so, depending on the total # of forms) set of alternative SCs to do this. In other words, hard-coding all possible triggers and past behavior filters.

Or you could store the list of forms in a history field and use a webhook to compare the current form ({{Trigger.Name}}) with the forms already filled out.  That's what I would do.  But I'm prone to that kind of approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason

You can use some flag in Marketo to indicate if both forms are filled out. Maybe create a field and populate data as "Form C Filled In;Is Form G Filled In". Once forms are filled out, field will contain both form name. Finally, your campaign should check if field is equal to "Form C Filled In;Is Form G Filled In", then only flow should execute.

Regards

Kapil

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, that is what I was referring to by hard-coding all possible permutations.  However, it rapidly becomes impossible as your number of forms increases.

Jason_Scott
Level 4

Thanks for the input.  We have too many combinations, so I think that approach is out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be possible to create a score field that adds on every time a unique form is filled out?

In your example filling out form C adds to the score 1 then form G adds another 1 so when the person hits 2 you can send them an email or what ever other action item you wanted.

This will limit as you don't know which forms they are filling out. As in if you need to know C AND G verses two forms.

SanfordWhiteman

If you could do bitwise arithmetic on the result, maybe! But SLs can't do this natively. So you wouldn't be able to tell which forms contributed to the numeric value.