SOLVED

Filled out Form Report and Smartlist not matching up

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filled out Form Report and Smartlist not matching up

Hi Marketo community!

I had a specific question pertaining to the "Filled Out Form" measurement and reports.

I create a "Contact Us" form for my customers to complete. I want to track how many people actually use this form on a daily basis so I created a report in the "Analytics" with the smartlist:
- Filled Out Form is "Contact Us"
- Date of Activity is between "July 1, 2014" to "December 31, 2014"
- For example, the report gives me 1,500
- This report is emailed to me every Friday.

For a more active measurement, I wanted to create an individual SmartList with the same exact critiera as above, but my smartlist results get me 2,100 leads.

Why is there such a discrepancy? 

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Filled out Form Report and Smartlist not matching up

Your Lead Performance Report is the cause. Your time frame is Lead Created At which is different from the Smart List filter where Filled Out Form BETWEEN X and Y will give you different results.

Change Lead Created At timeframe to All Time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

Hi Jon,

Can you please share the details of analytics report that you used for this data. Ideally smart list gives unique leads while per day data can be non unique. E.g. same contact can fill out form more than once.

If you share the details of analytics report or attach the copy of report for our reference, it will be helpful to analyze.

Thanks,
Gunjan
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Your Lead Performance Report is the cause. Your time frame is Lead Created At which is different from the Smart List filter where Filled Out Form BETWEEN X and Y will give you different results.

Change Lead Created At timeframe to All Time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh

In a report I have added a filter to the smart list called "lead was created" with my time frame and I get 537, however if I put the same date range in the setting "lead create at" I get 472. Do you know what the logic behind the two as I would have assumed they were the same?

Thanks

Kellie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gunjan and Josh for the replies.

Ah! I'm silly, thanks Josh! That was the cause. I've corrected the issue. Appreciate your speedy help 😃