Re: Filed with SFDC picklist

Shubhika
Level 1

Filed with SFDC picklist

Hello 

We do have a couple of fields in Saleforce which have picklist values but the same doesnt appear in Marketo when we choose that field in any form. I read a solution that when we change the field type to select, it should come but it didnt happen./

May I check if this solution is still applicable. https://nation.marketo.com/t5/marketo-whisperer-blogs/using-a-sfdc-picklist-field-in-a-marketo-form/...
If not how do I do that. Many a times marketo user select fields with SFDC picklist and dont use the exact picklist options, in that case the record doesnt sync to SFDC due to field integrity issue. 

3 REPLIES 3
maddie_vararu_n
Level 2

Hi @Shubhika , 

You would have to define the values of the Select type field in Marketo. You can use the same values as in the Salesforce picklist values, or you can define a different display value vs the stored one (which gets synced to Salesforce). 

For example, the Country field in Salesforce is limited to the SFDC country list, so we set up a Select type filed in our forms:

maddie_vararu_n_0-1714465677448.png

The Stored Value is what needs to match the SFDC value, but the display value can be anything. There are also two ways in which you can edit the values. The simple editor is pictured above and you can edit each individual line item for both the display and stored values, or you can use the Advanced editor, where the first value is the Displayed value and the second after the | is the stored value:

maddie_vararu_n_1-1714465782464.png

I hope this helps!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@Shubhika, You'll have to ensure that the existing forms that use the field you've updated include the new values (you can update, i.e., add/remove the select values as per the change in Salesforce, as @maddie_vararu_n has shown in the above post). However, for the cases where you add this field to the form after the new values have synced over to Marketo from Salesforce, they'll be included on their own. Make sure you approve the form after making the changes, and also the landing pages that have this form added using the form element; there is no need to re-approve the pages where this form is added via its embed JS code. Hope you find this helpful. Please let us know if you have questions.

Shubhika
Level 1

Thank you for the responses but the issue is when I am picking the field in the new form, values are not coming.