SOLVED

Field showing up in Field Mapping but not Field Management

Go to solution
Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Field showing up in Field Mapping but not Field Management

I have a field in Salesforce that I'm trying to access in Marketo. It shows up in my "Field Mapping" pane but not in "Field Management" and I can't call on it from smart campaigns or smart lists. Any idea why this would be? Here's a screenshot if that helps, the field I'm trying to use is "SFDC Lead Owner ID" in Marketo and "Owner ID" in SalesforceSFDC-Field_MKTO-Field_Discrepancy_0915.png:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Re: Field showing up in Field Mapping but not Field Management

I found this workaround in (although it's still a workaround and I haven't tested it yet).

You can create a workaround by doing this:

1) create a custom field in SFDC that sits on the lead object

2) in SFDC, create a trigger where if lead owner = queue, then that field is filled in with the queue name

3) the custom field will sync to Marketo, showing the value in the custom field

4) you must also have a trigger in SFDC where if lead owner is a user, not a queue, then custom field = blank.

This  will enable you to select leads in Marketo based on the lead being owned by a queue  (and can be used if you have multiple queues, because the SFDC trigger rules can be based on different queue names).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, this field is not directly available to Marketo. Instead, Marketo shows you Lead Owner and such.

If you do want the SFDC ID#, you need to ask your CRM Admin to create a separate field(s) which pull in that value as text and expose it to Marketo. I believe there are threads on the precise steps to take. You can do this for SFDC Record ID or Type as well.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Thanks Josh! I will look for those threads and see what I can figure out.

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

I found this workaround in (although it's still a workaround and I haven't tested it yet).

You can create a workaround by doing this:

1) create a custom field in SFDC that sits on the lead object

2) in SFDC, create a trigger where if lead owner = queue, then that field is filled in with the queue name

3) the custom field will sync to Marketo, showing the value in the custom field

4) you must also have a trigger in SFDC where if lead owner is a user, not a queue, then custom field = blank.

This  will enable you to select leads in Marketo based on the lead being owned by a queue  (and can be used if you have multiple queues, because the SFDC trigger rules can be based on different queue names).

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

NOTE: While this doesn't solve for other fields that aren't mapping, it does solve for the Queue name/filter issue.