SOLVED

Facing Issue to approve the Email while using the Base64 velocity script as a token in the Email

Go to solution
Chintandoshi25
Level 2

Facing Issue to approve the Email while using the Base64 velocity script as a token in the Email

Hey,

I want to Encode the Email address which is passes through URL to Non-Marketo Landing page.

I added below Email script in the my Tokens and used this token in the Email Template within the same program.

#set ($string = ${lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address})
#userlandBase64_v3("$string")

While adding this My token in the Email is shows the correct preview with encoded value as per my expectation. But when I am trying to approve the Email it shows the below Validation Error Message:
----
Validation Error approving DF_Welcome_Email_For_Retail_Clients.062420_Client_Form_CRS — <div>An error occurred when procesing the email Rendered_Email_Velocity_Error_Area_?! </div> <p>Invocation of method 'subList' in class java.util.ArrayList threw exception java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: toIndex = 3 near</p> <div><pre >?</pre></div>
-----

If I replace the Attribute ${lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address} with static Email address like abc@gmail.com, it approves the email without error.

Would anyone be able to help me here? We would need to Approve the email in order to use it in smart campaign.

I added this script from this link: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Blogs/Base64-ing-a-String-in-Velocity-without-using-Reflection...

Attached the screenshots of the script and errors.

screenshot_with_Attribute_Error while approve the email.pngscreenshot_with_Attribute.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chintandoshi25
Level 2

Re: Facing Issue to approve the Email while using the Base64 velocity script as a token in the Email

Hey Sanford, Thanks for the solution.

I added ! in the script and it works.

#if( !$display.alt($lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address,"").isEmpty() )
#userlandBase64_v3( $lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address )
#end

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Facing Issue to approve the Email while using the Base64 velocity script as a token in the Email

Make sure the field is not empty before running the method. Also, quoting and formal reference are both unnecessary.

#if( $display.alt($lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address,"").isEmpty() )
#end

Chintandoshi25
Level 2

Hey Sanford, Thanks for the solution.

I added ! in the script and it works.

#if( !$display.alt($lead.Lead_Owner_Email_Address,"").isEmpty() )
#end