Facebook/ LinkedIn drop off part of the Smart List

Cynthia_Chan1
Level 2

Facebook/ LinkedIn drop off part of the Smart List

I have a smart list that has around 1,300 audience in it. However, when I send it over to Facebook/LinkedIn through AdBridge, it automatically dropped of most of my audience, which results in only 300 audience on the list.  Facebook/ LinkedIn aren't letting me run the campaign due to "target audience is below minimum threshold".  Is it normal to have these drop offs? Why does that happen and how can I fix it?

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Facebook/ LinkedIn drop off part of the Smart List

Are there permission issues or potentially a large portion not matching on FB?

Cynthia_Chan1
Level 2

Hi Josh,

So I assume if the customer doesn't use the same email for their Facebook and LinkedIn, the email from smart list will be dropped when it is being transferred through Adbridge?

Ie. If we have Tom's email tom@abc.com on our smart list, but he uses tom@hotmail.com to sign up for Facebook, the email from our smart list can't be used for re-targeting campaigns on Facebook.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cynthia,

You are correct in assuming they are using a different email address for their account. Once the email list is added to a platform, it matches based on the emails attached to user accounts. If the user is not adding their business email to their Facebook account and that is the address you have for them, it will not match and they cannot be targeted via the platform in that manner.

Anna_Leary3
Level 3

Hi Cynthia,

Just to note that if you have phone number information that is also used to match audiences in Facebook, but I believe only Linkedin uses email addresses. If you have phone number data for the leads in your list then you might have a better chance of matching them, but unfortunately if their email addresses don't match an account on either platform then your lists will significantly decrease.