Re: External Form Prefill

Anonymous
Not applicable

External Form Prefill

Has anyone ever used these instructions to implement form prefill on external landing pages (non-Marketo)? Looking for any positives/negatives of doing that. Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Ulf_Deeg
Level 3

Hi Alex,

it is pretty costly on API calls.

You might look for embedding Marketo forms via iframes instead.

You will probably need someone JavaScript savvy to assist you for turning that around. There will be loads of pitfalls around cross site scripting, responsiveness etc.

Best

Ulf

Jessica_Cross1
Level 6

iFrames?  Really??

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ulf was being gentle because he probably knew I'd jump in.

That method has potentially monstrous negative impact as it creats a a DoS attack vector against your instance. In order to create a (somewhat) safer implementation of that method you'd need a quite skilled developer.  Hiring a front-end developer with less experience (though of a different kind) to do it in the browser is going to be easier, more stable, and more scalable.

Jessica_Cross1
Level 6

Tell me more Sanford Whiteman​ how do I make this happen? I have an account sign up (trial) form that I want prefilled with the users cookied information.

SanfordWhiteman

Jessica, hit me up offline and I can go through the process with you. I keep it close to the vest...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sandford,

Could you please walk me through your best practice for implementing this, too ?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

Could share with me what you shared with Jessica about implementing this? Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Emily, can't share it yet because we did some commercial rollouts in 2017 Q4... idea is after a sort of "sunset" period with no customers, it'll go open-source. (It isn't fair to suddenly make it free when they just paid for it! )

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it, that makes sense. Thanks.