SOLVED

Re: Export and then import new leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export and then import new leads

Hi Marketo Community!

I have just exported all our leads because we want to delete some of them and add new.

Can I just delete manual in my excel sheet my leads and then add new leads and then import all the leads again? Will I then have to of each leads? And what about the new leads? They will just be added in Marketo?

Thanks ! Happy Easter!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any leads you delete within your excel sheet will still live in Marketo. I suggest moving them to a separate tab to save as a separate list to then import and mass delete from Marketo.

In regards to adding in new leads, yes, new leads will be added.

As you are exporting from Marketo, on import, your leads will match by email address. Meaning you won't have duplicates.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any leads you delete within your excel sheet will still live in Marketo. I suggest moving them to a separate tab to save as a separate list to then import and mass delete from Marketo.

In regards to adding in new leads, yes, new leads will be added.

As you are exporting from Marketo, on import, your leads will match by email address. Meaning you won't have duplicates.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

As tim noted, you can do this in two stages:
  • Add the updated leads to a static list. Your fields will be updated if you changed them.
  • For leads you want to delete, re-upload only their email address, add them to the list, then run a delete flow. Just be careful that you delete the correct data and chose Delete in CRM=TRUE if that's what you want.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your answers Tim and Josh. Now I know what to do! 🙂