SOLVED

Re: Excluding Members of Program in Smart List

Go to solution
Lucas_Metherall
Level 4

Excluding Members of Program in Smart List

Hi all,

I have a question about program memberships:

• Group A - We use a drip campaign (welcome program) which then sends people into a nurture stream.
  • Once exhausting the content in the nurture stream we then send email blasts for updates.
  • Group B - We send them directly into a nurture stream, once they exhaust content we send them email blasts updates.

I want to filter out the people currently in the drip campaign flow in the Welcome Program for Group A, and people in the Nurture stream for Group B.

Question:

How best to filter out people from Group A in the welcome program? If I use 'Member of Program=False' 'Program=Welcome Drip' will it exclude people currently in the drip campaign? Or, once a person has been sent the emails in the Welcome Program, does their membership remain, in which case will that exclude the many people who have moved through and beyond the Welcome Program?

Thanks all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If I use 'Member of Program=False' 'Program=Welcome Drip' will it exclude people currently in the drip campaign

If you've removed them from the program deliberately, yes (they can still get emails in a campaign in the program). But I don't know why you'd do this. 

IMO Member of Program should be enforced as a permanent characteristic unless someone was accidentally added and/or you need to erase their membership for specific reasons other than just the passage of time or membership in other programs.

When they're done getting content in the welcome campaign, set them to a program status that indicates that. Filter on [not] that status.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If I use 'Member of Program=False' 'Program=Welcome Drip' will it exclude people currently in the drip campaign

If you've removed them from the program deliberately, yes (they can still get emails in a campaign in the program). But I don't know why you'd do this. 

IMO Member of Program should be enforced as a permanent characteristic unless someone was accidentally added and/or you need to erase their membership for specific reasons other than just the passage of time or membership in other programs.

When they're done getting content in the welcome campaign, set them to a program status that indicates that. Filter on [not] that status.