Exclude Visits to Unsubscribe Landing Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Visits to Unsubscribe Landing Page

I have a Web Activity report for my sales team to track any lead or contact's activity online.

I want to add a step to exclude visits to our Unsubscribe page. However, I was wondering if, by adding this, it excludes ALL web activity for a particular lead if they have a visit to the Unsubscribe page included in multiple web visits.

This is the flow step I am currently adding (assuming this is the same as using the Not Visited Web Page flow step with "Web Page Contains"?):

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 11.44.49 AM.png

If this does, in fact, exclude the ENTIRE web activity for a particular lead, is there a workaround to only exclude THIS page from their activity but to include all the rest?

Appreciate any insight!

Michelle

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Exclude Visits to Unsubscribe Landing Page

UPDATE: I changed the flow step to include a second web page URL:

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.28.02 PM.png

However, when I look in the report, it's including people that HAVE been to that page (see below) - I clicked on the Page Views information to see if it listed more than the those pages (in case I had answered my own question), but it only shows activity FOR those pages (the person with the 3 visits is the only completely correct data that I can see here).

Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 12.21.48 PM.png

Am I pulling/using the wrong flow step/logic? As always, insight is appreciated!

Michelle

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Visited Web Page is an activity filter, not an inactivity filter.  You're asking "Did this lead visit a page that did not match /ignoreme.html in the past 30 days?" as opposed to "Did this lead not visit /ignoreme.html in the past 30 days?"

But neither of these is really what you want, because I presume that you do want to include leads who visited /UnsubscribePage.html, you just don't want to include the visit to /UnsubscribePage.html.  Right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford,

Appreciate the clarification on those filters - that lets me know that I was using the wrong one indeed.

You are correct in assuming that I want to keep the lead information but not the visit to that particular page. Having seen the response from Dan come in now, those are the filters that would help to align that information?

Thanks!

Michelle

SanfordWhiteman

You are correct in assuming that I want to keep the lead information but not the visit to that particular page. Having seen the response from Dan come in now, those are the filters that would help to align that information?

Dan's second filter constrains the returned leads to those that did not visit that page at all in the time period.  If they visited it at all (even if they re-subscribed later) they wouldn't appear in the Smart List.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.

What would you recommend to filter those leads so they show but not any activity on that Unsubscribe page?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for clarifying, Sandy. I had misunderstood the original question, thinking she didn't want to include any lead that unsubscribed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford,

Wanted to circle back with this question and see what your suggestion is for the filtering for this report.

Appreciate it!

Michelle

SanfordWhiteman

This is tough.  I've thought about it a bit more, but couldn't come up a way to suppress those visits to /unsubscribe.html from the report.  And when they are the entry page, they're naturally prominent.  The WPA isn't meant to clip activities out of the report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it appears to be something that Marketo isn't (yet?) set up to do. Hearing back from Marketo Support as well, you can either have all or nothing in the report. Wondering if this should be an idea that could be considered for future reporting functionality.

Appreciate the thought and attention!