SOLVED

Exclude Program from Multi-Touch/First Touch

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude Program from Multi-Touch/First Touch

I have some programs that I want included in reporting. For example, our Demo Program, Free Trial Program, etc.

However, I do not want those programs to be included in the calculations of multi-touch (MT) or first-touch (FT) reporting because they don't really play into marketing's decision on whether or not to continue a program. (We're always going to over a demo and a trial.)

Currently I have these programs set up without a cost, but I've changed the setting to "inclusive" meaning that even without a period cost, I want them included in reports.

My questions:

1. Since they are set to inclusive, does that mean they are even included in MT and FT reports?

2. If so, is there a way that I can exclude these programs from MT and FT, but not from the rest of my reporting?

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Exclude Program from Multi-Touch/First Touch

Yes, Inclusive means the Program is always going to be in your reports for MT and FT.

If you do not want them in RCE, you can either exclude these programs from your reports....or you could just set the Program to Excluded.

I am unsure why you would do this. Just because a Trial is fast tracked doesn't mean that you should not include it in your decision making. if your free trials generate 80% of your opps or touch 80% of your opps, that's an impt # and indicates you should promote free trials more....or perhaps increase other channels.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Inclusive means the Program is always going to be in your reports for MT and FT.

If you do not want them in RCE, you can either exclude these programs from your reports....or you could just set the Program to Excluded.

I am unsure why you would do this. Just because a Trial is fast tracked doesn't mean that you should not include it in your decision making. if your free trials generate 80% of your opps or touch 80% of your opps, that's an impt # and indicates you should promote free trials more....or perhaps increase other channels.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for these options, Josh. That's exactly what I was looking for. I also appreciate your comments about whether it really is best to exclude these programs. I will certainly consider them and bring them to my supervisor.

Thanks for your response!