SOLVED

Re: Exactly what countries are included in NCSA?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly what countries are included in NCSA?

I came across Aslihan's question about being able to create custom regions like LatAm, etc. For the record I am another user who needs Marketo to create this functionality.

In the meantime, exactly what countries are included in NCSA? Strangely I haven't been able to come up with a solid answer with Google.

I need to only send content to the AMER countries so I need to know if I can simply click NSCA or if I have to manually add every. single. AMER. country.

Thank you for a quick reply!

Jen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

ANSWERED!

Customer support replied to our inquiry of what counties are included in the NCSA (what we internally call the <AMER> region)  drop-downand selection in RTP. (because we were receiving no hits by just selecting NCSA so we resorted to manually selecting all NCSA countries as it pertains to RTP.)

" I have confirmed with the product manager that the NCSA [North Central and South America] region includes all the Americas - Canada, North, Central and South America. Please let me know if you are seeing a segmentation that is showing behavior to the contrary. "

We confirmed with a test segment and including only the NCSA selection (what we internally call the <AMER> region) from the <Location> drop down and had multiple hits from the NCSA countries.

Thanks everyone.Enrique AranaJosh Hill

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What is NCSA?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh -

Attached are two screenshots of what I see on my end - the closest thing we've come to in deciphering NCSA is "North Coast South America" (a trade route). Does this help? Thanks, Jen

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 15.29.47.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-04 at 15.29.08.png

Josh_Hill13

Oh I see. That's reverse IP lookup. Check with ICANN or a reverse lookup provider if Marketo Support cannot tell you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Josh -

My IT team came up with:

"In a regional context, I have seen it mean NCSA - North, Central, and South America. Not sure if that is the case here..."

I'm guessing then that since the acronym is in the regional drop down menu this definition would make sense?

(Especially because what we call the AMER region isn't (we thought) represented  - just APAC, etc.)

Thank you,

Jen

Josh_Hill13

I have an ISO country list on my site. Just move the countries around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh.

I downloaded the ISO country list from your website. I'm not clear on what you mean by "just move the countries around."

Your workbook does contain a worksheet entitled "Americas" but nothing labeled "NCSA"

When creating a segment in RTP, "NCSA" is in the dropdown menu in the <Location>  Firmographics choice.

"AMER" or "Americas" is not.

In short, the NCSA designation in the RTP  has no countries associated with it (I am not sure if this is true for the APAC and EMEA regions).

When will we be able to use the location selection "NCSA" as a shortcut instead of having to manually select each AMER country when creating a segment?

Thanks

Jen

----

I need to input the 57 some-odd countries in the AMER region for every campaign. I spend more time on creating segments than I do on anything else during my day. Productivity = 0 at the moment.

Am I missing something? Please help/direct me to where I need to go.Josh HillDon MayberryEnrique Arana

Thank you.

Jen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jen!

If you view the edit regions sections of Web Per(RTP)  you'll see the "Americas" section....This should match what is deemed NCSA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Dan –

I appreciate the response. Please take a look below. This is what my current Marketo settings are. Leaving me to think we *may* be speaking at cross-purposes.

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 19.21.23.png

The issue is that for every single segment I make, I have to manually enter all of the countries in my region:

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 19.24.44.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 19.27.39.png

Under the <Select Country to Add> dropdown you’ll see “NCSA” (North Central South America) but as far as I can tell, no countries are associated with that. I have run campaigns using just NCSA as my location and had no activity whatsoever.

I want to be able to either:

1. 1. CNTRL + Click to add all countries I need from the dropdown menu in one fell swoop and drag / add them to the countries I need included

-or-

1. 2. Be able to select only NCSA from the dropdown and have that 1 acronym cover all of the countries I need (ie – I need to hit a certain region. I select NCSA and immediately all of those countries under that geographical layer are covered

-or-

1. 3. Be able to duplicate segments without effecting the metrics connected with the original so all I don’t have to re-enter countries every time.

Thanks,

Jen@@@@

Reply-To: "jive-180806732-259q-2-36gx@mail.marketo.jiveon.com" <jive-180806732-259q-2-36gx@mail.marketo.jiveon.com>
Date: Sunday, November 27, 2016 at 16:07
To: Jennifer Bonacci <jennifer.bonacci@argusmedia.com>
Subject: Re: [Products] - Re: Exactly what countries are included in NCSA?

edit regions sections of Web Per(RTP)

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 19.21.23.png

Josh_Hill13

I don't think you can do this in a simple way. If it won't let you copy and paste out of a sheet like mine, then it's manual.

I was pretty sure RTP allows cloning of segments and campaigns, but maybe not since you posted an Idea.