Event Regsitration using rental fields

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

Event Regsitration using rental fields

I have a big event to create a registration page and form for. We are using "rental fields" for the timeframes (example 12:00-1:00pm) and then each session within that timeframe will be a value (session ID) in that same field. From there, I have a smart campaign that is looking for a data value in that rental field "containing" the session ID to pull them into their perspective event programs. I've tested what would happen if someone signed up for multiple sessions in one time frame and it isn't working as expected. I believe its because the values are being stored with";" at the end of the session ID. How can make sure this doesn't happen? Ideally, we don't want people to sign up for multiple in one timeframe anyway so is there a way to block them from doing that or at the very least, can we have them get pulled into all programs?

Here's any example of the form (the form won't show on the page like this so don't mind the non-stylized/complete version. This is only for testing) 

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11.21.48 AM.png

Here is the smart campaign:

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11.23.24 AM.png

Here is my record. The only event that registered was D1-DA-04 because didn't have a ";" at the end. 

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 11.24.04 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Event Regsitration using rental fields

Only the first matching choice in a set of Add Choices ever applies. It's not the semicolon, it's the order of choices and their usual behavior.

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

Would the solution be to have separate data value changes and not adding more choices?

SanfordWhiteman

Would the solution be to have separate data value changes and not adding more choices?

If you want to match multiple values, you can’t use a single set of Add Choices, by definition.

I question the use of Data Value Changes as your sole Smart Campaign trigger unless you can guarantee the person is already in your Marketo database when they fill out the form. 

KaitlynNelson1
Level 3

I figured that once they filled out the form they then enter the database if they weren't already there?  I am using change program status to put them in the perspective event programs from this "fills out form" trigger campaign.

I will test if I can just add a bunch of change program status' if that will help achieve my goal rather than using choices.  

Screenshot 2023-08-10 at 4.20.58 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman

I figured that once they filled out the form they then enter the database if they weren't already there?

Of course. That’s not the issue.

The issue is that Data Value Changes doesn’t fire if the person is brand new. It’s not a change when the value is being set for the first time. So you must also capture the Person is Created event with the Form constraint [is] your form name.