Re: Event management platform

Anonymous
Not applicable

Event management platform

Hi All,

I am  currently looking for a comprehensive enterprise event management platform which has been fully integrated into Marketo.

Any suggestions welcome???

Thx,

Chris
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Looks like Cvent is:
http://launchpoint.marketo.com/cvent-inc/882-cvent-event-management

I've used Cvent and eventbrite, although not directly integrated at the time. Definitely possible to setup a registration page on Marketo and then pass the data to Cvent or eventbrite to ensure data is collected and a fairly seamless experience.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Chris,
We are currently using CVent but are not happy with the results and have plans to drop it at the end of our annual contract.  The main issue we faced was the sync between SFDC and Cvent, while this is not a direct issue with Marketo, due to SFDC syncing to Marketo and vice-versa it became a Marketo issue by default.  We were never able to get the synch to work with any degree of accuracy.  Standard fields such as; city, state or email would oddly/randomly not sync with SFDC. We even had a consultant from Cvent in for a visit, and he admitted that there were some software issues that can break the sync. 

It's very possible that by removing SFDC from the process that Cvent and Marketo play well together. 

We plan on using a combination of AtEvent, WordPress and some custom coding to replace Cvent.

-Matt
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I am echoing what Mattew said above.  That is the same experience that we're having with CVENT.  Our event director is switching to another vendor, but is doing his research first.  @Matthew T, how does WordPress come to play?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. I will surely try and do my homework before making any sort of decision.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Michelle, one of the advantages of Cvent was the CC processing feature.  We charge for some of our events, and WP has a few plugins available that can handle CC processing.  It would be AWESOME if marketo offered some option for secure CC processing, but that feature lies outside the realm of marketing.

-M