Error while sending the email in marketo

mightylancer87
Level 1

Error while sending the email in marketo

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well!

I change my setting a month before, and after that, I am getting these errors while sending emails like 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied ,550 5.7.0 Local Policy Violation.
As I check these errors may occur due to IP address change, or domain change. I have changed and reverified all my settings, IP address, domain, etc still getting the same error.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Error while sending the email in marketo

Well, both the errors do indicate that the recipient mail server rejected your email. While there certainly could be host of reasons behind this (check out this troubleshooting guide from the MS docs), but probable ones as you said could be DNS/IP changes, and you did make changes to them recently and fyr, DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to propagate over the internet completely even if you re-stored the earlier configs. Additionally, per this post on MS, you may also encounter 550 5.7.0 Local Policy Violation error while sending e-mails to addresses belonging to a domain if a recipient belonging to that domain has blocked you.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I have changed and reverified all my settings, IP address, domain, etc still getting the same error.

Please show all such settings so someone else can take a look at them — “reverified” is a very broad category.

mightylancer87
Level 1

Hi Team,

Hope you are doing well!

These are some errors I was facing while sending the email:
1- 550 [internal] [oob] The message was blocked by the receiver.
2- 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied.
3- 550 5.7.0 Local Policy Violation
4- 550 Administrative prohibition - envelope blocked
5- 550 blocked
6- 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation.

I have checked the following details in my Marketo which can potentially solve the issue:
1- Domain verified, see the below attached.
2- Checked DKIM/SPF setup and configuration. (seems correct)
3- Checking with the IT team that needs to look into why Marketo's mails might be getting blocked by their server settings. Also, I will ask them to whitelist Marketo's email sending IP addresses. What else I can do?

Is there any other approach to solve this issue?

Awaiting your response.

AdminEmailVerified.png