Re: Equinix wants to use rest API to send leads. Need some help related to the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Equinix wants to use rest API to send leads. Need some help related to the same.

I went through their API documentation at http://developers.marketo.com/documentation. It would be helpful if Marketo team can help us to identify where to look what.

We need below information from Marketo technical team.

1. Which REST API to call to insert Lead from Marketplace into Marketo. Today we call synchLead which is a SOAP API.
  2. What is the endpoint for REST API sandbox and REST API Production for Marketplace to Marketo Integration?
  3. I see the API Get Lead by Id http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/rest/get-lead-by-id/ only returns: email, updatedAt, createdAt, lastName, firstName, and id. I did not see any API that will return the below ones. Can we get information on this?
    1. First-name
    2. Last-name
    3. Company Name (as entered by user)
    4. Company, Preferred Name (as Equinix knows it)
    5. Job Title
    6. Country
    7. Email address
    8. Phone number
    9. SFDC Parent Account ID
    10. SFDC Child Account ID
    11. SFDC Account Type (Customer, Prospect, Alumni, etc.)
    12. SFDC Parent Account’s Account Manager Name
    13. SFDC Parent Account’s Account Manager Email
    14. SFDC Parent Account Region
  • SFDC Lead Status (Nurture/Recycle, Suspect, MQL, etc.)
  1. LEAD ID
  2. Lead Owner-ODT*
7 REPLIES 7
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Equinix wants to use rest API to send leads. Need some help related to the same.

1.  To sync leads with the REST API, you need to use the Create/Update Leads call

2.  I don't understand your question here.

3.  As noted in the document, to retrieve additional fields, you need to add a parameter call "fields" containing a comma-separate list of field names which you want to retrieve.  The REST API names of each field can be retrieved with Describe Lead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kenny for quick answer.

For 3 - When I looked into Describe Lead API, the example only shows the below in response: How do I get the entire list? Also do you have data dictionary for all the fields names that you send as part of response.

"rest":{ 

•             "name":"company",
  •             "readOnly":false
  •         },

For 2 - How can I test the Rest API? Is there any sandbox url that I can use for Equinix account?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Praseeda, the leads will change depending on your Marketo instance, naturally.  You can also export the whole list under Field Management.  That sounds like it might be easier for you.

To use a sandbox, you have to add one to your account (there's a cost involved).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Equinix already has an account with Marketo. May I know how to contact the Account Manager at Marketo for Equinix?

Also how do I get the whole list under Field management? If you have handy can you send me the list?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should have contact info somewhere. If not, open a support case and they'll give it to you.

Go to Admin >> Field Management >> Field Actions >> Export Field Names.  I feel you're still missing the point that every Marketo instance has its own set of field names, combining default fields with Marketo and SFDC custom fields.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. And how do I open a support case. Is it via the same portal that I asked these questions?

Thanks for the field names info.

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

You can access the support portal by going to the products & support menu at the top of the page and selecting support or by going to support.marketo.com.  To see your case view, just click on My Cases.  You may not be an authorized contact however, so you might not be able to log a case yourself.  If that's the case, you should talk to your company's Marketo admin and they should be able to help you out.