SOLVED

Engagement Stream Entry

Go to solution
Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Engagement Stream Entry

Hi all, 

I am trying to organise how people enter my engagement program at mid or late stage, does the transition rule only move between streams or does it pull people into streams too?

e.g. If lead score 34-66 transition to Mid stage within the nurture program - would this rule also pull in someone from outwith the nurture program who has a score of 34-66 or would i need a smart campaign rule, "mid stage entry" if lead score 34-66 then add to Engagement program stream 2?

Confusing myself here!

Any help would be appreciated, 

thanks

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement Stream Entry

https://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/master-nurturing-and-marketo-engagement-programs-96860221

Smart Campaign should be:

if Member of Engagement: Stream 1

AND

Score between 34-36

then Change Stream to Stream 2

Do not ever use a transition campaign without an explicit filter on the current nurture. Otherwise yes, you will bring in random people.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Abhinav_saini
Level 3

You must be having transition rules to flow leads from one stream to another stream.
Means if you have smart list dependent on previous stream than I'll suggest you to go with smart campaigns to add in "mid stage" stream.
And if it’s not dependent on any stream, you can use triggered filters to add leads in your stream by transaction rules only.

Abhinav Saini
Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Thanks Abhinav Saini

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

https://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/master-nurturing-and-marketo-engagement-programs-96860221

Smart Campaign should be:

if Member of Engagement: Stream 1

AND

Score between 34-36

then Change Stream to Stream 2

Do not ever use a transition campaign without an explicit filter on the current nurture. Otherwise yes, you will bring in random people.

Michael_O_Donne
Level 2

Thanks @Josh_Hill13 That Is appreciated,

What about the scenario where our persona reached, a mofu score 33-63 but wasn't already in the nurture program, surely we would also want a rule to add them into the nurture?

Or is your advice, that this would never be the case as everyone should always be added to the nurture when score = 0-33?

cheers

Michael

Shane_Rourke2
Level 4

Hi @Josh_Hill13 is there an audio version of the preso link you shared?

Shane Rourke