SOLVED

Re: Engagement strea cadence for day 1, day 5, day 10, etc

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement strea cadence for day 1, day 5, day 10, etc

Hi there! I am trying to create an Engagement Program that will send emails 5 days later, than 10 days later, than 14 days laters, etc. Here's my plan to send each email:

nurture.png

I created smart campaigns to "Pause" them for the nurture and wait the desired number of days before sending the next email. See screen shot below. My plan was creating pausing campaign for each of the wait days so that I have the ability to see where folks are. Just wanted to know if I am going to in the right direction or am I totally going to hit a wall or maybe there's been a better way of doing this.

nurture-pause.png

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Michelle Tang

No need to create three programs -- you could just have three "streams" (smart campaigns) within your single program. You would need a controller campaign (or campaigns) to distribute leads between the three streams. In that logic, you would control which stream a lead is in and ensure that they aren't in more than one. (i.e., the campaign that moves a lead to a new stream should remove them from all the others).

Ultimately either a default or engagement program would work. I would say map out all the exact requirements of your nurture, then you can see which program gives you the best results with the least work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Justin_Norris1

Hey Michelle,

I think you are headed roughly in the right direction, although your solution may be more complicated than your requirements need.

You could achieve the result by having an engagement program scheduled to send every day, and then a single "Cadence Manager" campaign that would set someone to "pause", wait 5 days, turn back on, wait one day, pause, wait 5 days...etc. Whatever spread you wanted.

That being said, I think that engagement does not seem like the right program vehicle for this. I would use a default program with a regular smart campaign, which will make this so much easier.

Unless for some reason you want that cadence pattern to repeat forever as you add new content to the engagement stream, in which case you could simply have the Cadence Manager loop around and start all over again.

Josh_Hill13

I agree with Justin, and his solution is innovative.

As I posted in the other thread you referenced, you may find it better to run a regular Program. The Engagements are best used for a more regular cadence like every 2 weeks, then 1 week by Stream. I know there's this belief that semi-random days may make the target believe the emails aren't automated, but why bother? We all know they are automated! The pro-bloggers make it a point to set a regularity to their main posts to ensure people expect the email every time and miss it when they do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle Tang​ Since you are the person who posted the question, you can click on 'Correct Answer' to mark it as such

Remember guys: If you use the @mention (meaning you write @ firstname_last name, the person will notified. (Just trying to spread the word about this)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback Justin Norris​ and Josh Hill​! Our end goal is to have 3 different streams with 5-10 emails in each stream. If I create 3 different Programs, how do you ensure that leads will only be in one of the three programs?

Justin_Norris1

Michelle Tang

No need to create three programs -- you could just have three "streams" (smart campaigns) within your single program. You would need a controller campaign (or campaigns) to distribute leads between the three streams. In that logic, you would control which stream a lead is in and ensure that they aren't in more than one. (i.e., the campaign that moves a lead to a new stream should remove them from all the others).

Ultimately either a default or engagement program would work. I would say map out all the exact requirements of your nurture, then you can see which program gives you the best results with the least work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Justin Norris​​!

So would I create it like this:

nurture.png

Could I just build the Remove from Campaign flow step at the beginning within each of the "Streams"? So for example, if the qualified for 02 Nurture Entry: Add to Research than remove them from 01 Nurture Entry: Add the Educate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Michelle,

I think this feedback has already been given to you from the above, but I am just building a nurture very similar with different wait steps. I decided to compose the engagement program as followed:

1. Streams define the "audiences". Each stream cadence starts at 12:00 pm that day (you can pick whatever time suits you)

2. Within the stream I call a program that contains smart campaign for each stream that sends the emails with the correct Wait steps in between

3. Outside of the engagement program I have campaigns to remove the members from the flow of those smart campaigns based on DQ, Recycle, Qualification etc. - whatever your exit rules are

4. At the end of the smart campaign for each stream I pause the nurture if they have received all emails as part of that cadence.

This is definitely only a good solution if you have a set amount of wait steps and emails to be sent but definitely is simpler.