Re: Engagement programs - same email in different streams - will they get the same email twice?

Selene_Regan2
Level 2

Engagement programs - same email in different streams - will they get the same email twice?

Engagement Program Questions. In the following scenario will the user get the same email twice if the same email is in both streams?

SCENARIO:

Stream A - Email A1, Email A2, Email A3

Stream B - Email B1, Email B2, Email A3

Person in stream A receives A1, A2 then A3, then because their score has hit threshold x, they jump to stream B. Email A3 is also in stream B. Its the exact same email but placed in both streams. Will those people who have had A3 in stream A, get email A3 again when they run through stream B. I know they cant get the same email twice in the same stream, but I am not sure if that same rule carries across to the same email in another stream?

5 REPLIES 5
Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Re: Engagement programs - same email in different streams - will they get the same email twice?

They will not receive this email again. You will need to create a new asset if the intention is that they do receive it again.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Is this the case for nested programs with "send email" flow steps that allows contact to go through flow once? 

I am adding an email program to the nurture, but need to add it to all 4 of my streams so that everyone gets it since I assume that if I added it only to Stream A, Stream B-D will not receive this newly added email program.

If someone in stream B gets this newly added email now, and they get to Stream D, will they also get this email again?  

Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

It's based on program/email membership. So if you are using:

* Nested emails, then when the email is cast through the engagement program people are made members of the email program.

* Nested programs, then when the smart campaign is called a person is made a member of the nested program.

In either case, if it's the same asset, Marketo says "this person is a member of the program" so it won't cast it again unless you are referring to a different asset, or you flick their membership of the program back to "not in program". 

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Great, I'm glad it works the way I would expect it to! Thanks for the reply, Phillip!

Vinay_Kumar
Level 9 - Community Advisor

@Selene_Regan2, No, the lead will not receive the same email twice. If you want to use the same email in two different streams then you need to use different names for the assets.