Engagement programs don't send Operational emails, but what if I add a nested email program?

Max_Francisco1
Level 2

Engagement programs don't send Operational emails, but what if I add a nested email program?

Engagement programs don't send Operational emails, but what if I add a nested email program that is operational to an engagement program? Would that follow the rules of the engagement program and not send or would it send?

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Engagement programs don't send Operational emails, but what if I add a nested email program?

Operational email within the program behaves in a similar way as the email asset added directly to the stream - the operational email from the program is sent to non-blocked leads normally whereas for the blocked leads, the Operational Email is not sent and in the activity log the status is showed as "Skipped, person is blocked"

Darshil_Shah1_0-1647490626017.png

FYR: People will show as blocked from email if any of the following fields are marked as true:

• Marketing Suspended
  • Unsubscribed
  • Email Invalid
  • Blacklisted
  • Email Suspended (in past 24 hrs)

All in all -  engagement program will ignore an email’s operational status and this holds true for both the regular email assets added directly to the stream and the nested program with the email assets added to the stream.