Engagement Programs - Do I need Smart Campaigns to track statuses?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Engagement Programs - Do I need Smart Campaigns to track statuses?

Good morning!

Do I need to create SCs in order to track 'Opened', 'Delivered', 'Converted', etc? Or will the system do that automatically without me having to setup it up?

Thank you!

Mandy

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Engagement Programs - Do I need Smart Campaigns to track statuses?

Mandy Hanson​ I moved this post and another of yours to the Products and Support​ section, where it is more likely one of our product experts will find it.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes you do if you want them to be tracked via Program Status.

If you just want to look at email performance, then no. Just run an Email Perf report for the dates and emails you care about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thank you Josh!

What are some of the statuses we should have? Opened, Clicked, Converted? Do we need Unsubscribe and Bounced too?

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Mandy Hanson​, the statuses are based more on your business needs, specifically your reporting requirements.

I think it makes sense to have at least one success step based on the engagement goal of the nurture (e.g., converted, downloaded, etc.) to help with attribution credit in your reports. This success step should be one that, if reached, you would want the engagement program to get a share of the credit for the opportunities attached to that contact.

The other stages are based on what would be helpful buckets for you to see. Unsubscribed is useful I find because it suggests they have completely disengaged, so separate them out from just the passive non-responders.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it! Thank you!