SOLVED

Re: Engagement Programs - A/B Testing

Go to solution
Andrea_Lechner
Level 2

Engagement Programs - A/B Testing

How is the best way to incorporate A/B email testing within the Engagement Module?

The best solution I can figure out is to direct that email to a program's smart campaign and let the smart campaign do the 50/50 email split testing.

Am I missing a better way?  Thx, Andrea
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly how you will do it!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly how you will do it!
Anonymous
Not applicable

So to do A/B testing in the engagement program streams you have to do it through smart campaigns? 

Would it be: Smart List - Member of Engagement Program
                      Flow - (email choices with random samples)
And then do you just not schedule it?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, and this program is referenced on the stream.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best way to reference the program name within the stream since the A/B testing smart camaign isn't activated? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Emily, I just drag the campaign over from the left-hand tree and, VOILA!  Everything is done from there... you'll see the program in the stream.  So, just activate and you're good.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks like if you try to use two smart campaigns from the same program, it rejects it and says it's duplicate. Do we need a program for each smart campaign to go into the stream?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot pull 2 campaigns from the same program into a stream.  To do the AB Test, you would need to use a single campaign, with random sample in Add Choice.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to test A/B programs with the "Test Stream" functionality?  It runs though emails just fine, but when it hits a program's A/B smart campaign I get the following in the results tab: 'Do Nothing' was set for this choice, 1 leads skipped
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created a smart campaign as you described above and have a flow step to split test an email. 

How am I supposed to add this to the stream? I tried to drag it and add it through choosing the program but can do neither. I don't understand how to do this?
--do I schedule the campaign and then add it? If so, what schedule to do I set it to if I want it to run on the stream cadence I've set for the engagement program?
--do I activate all of the content on the stream in order to activate the program so that the unscheduled smart campaign will appear as a choice?
--does my smart campaign have to have a trigger instead of a filter in the smart list criteria? If so, what trigger should I use?

Thanks for your help.