SOLVED

Re: Engagement Program: do we have to create specific channels?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Engagement Program: do we have to create specific channels?

Hi,

Today I'm creating for the first time an engagement program. According to this article, the first step is really straight forward. However I'm already stuck! The channel field is mandatory. I see no choice when I click on the drop down list and when I try to enter a channel used for our regular program, it says that channel doesn't exist (even if I have triple-checked that I have written it correctly). Do we have to create specific channels or change something into our existing channel? Or can I just clone an existing program and then somewhere change status to "engagement program"...

thanks;

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere that the only channel allowed is 'Nurture' or if you used 'Nurture' before the Engagement Engine was introduced, then a channel of 'Engagement Nurture' can be used. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's odd. I thought you could choose "Engagement Channel" or "Email Blast" as an option. If you try again will it work?
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

0EM50000000QrlZ.jpg

is it an anomaly?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm I wonder if this has changed? I just tried it and it did the same thing as you, Cecile. However, a while ago I created one with Email Blast as the channel and I've been able to clone it...?
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

well.... I'll wait a bit if nobody confirms that I did something wrong, I guess I'll have to contact support. Or do you have other explanations than the article on how to create an engagement program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere that the only channel allowed is 'Nurture' or if you used 'Nurture' before the Engagement Engine was introduced, then a channel of 'Engagement Nurture' can be used. 
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

@Amber Landis : thanks! I have looked at my channels and realized that all of them apply only to default or event program but not to engagement. so I created a new channel called "Engagement Nurture" and I was able to create my first "engagement program". I have feeling the road will be long 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am glad that worked! We are also starting to explore the Engagement Engine. There is be a learning curve for all of us, but I think this community is where most of our issues/problems will be solved! 🙂 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created my first Engagement program on July 1 (a test), but I don't recall the New Program dialog box asking for a Channel at that time - maybe it defaulted to it.  I recently tried to create another Engagement program today and this time I experienced the same behavior as Cécile.  I opened a ticket with Marketo tech support and they said that the reason that I wasn't seeing any Channels is because the Nurture channel was hidden.  As far as I recall, I never created a Nurture channel for Engagement programs, but when I checked the "Show Hidden" checkbox on the Tags page, it shows a "Nurture" channel.  There may have been some changes made that caused the default "Nurture" channel that is applied to the Engagement program to be hidden.  Anyway everyone should unhide that or create their own channel.

Currently the Nurture channel has just Member and Engaged program statuses - are there any recommendations regarding other Engagement program stages?