Re: Engagement Over Time

Danny_Tran5
Level 3

Engagement Over Time

Hi all,

How do I read this chart in our engagement programs?

pastedImage_0.png

What is considered an engagement? Is it any interaction with the email within a stream? Also how could engagement be so flat over time? Why is it that weekly engagement stays around 13 or 14, but sent is 0.

Thanks so much for any insight you provide.

Danny T.

5 REPLIES 5
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Danny - you might want to edit your post to mark it as a question so that you get more responses here

Danny_Tran5
Level 3

Hi Grace - I fouled out on this one. It looks like I'm not able to edit and change it to a question.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

To help answer your question though, this graph shows the engagement score of emails in your engagement program over time (see Understanding the Engagement Score - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation​).

The score is a proprietary algorithm that basically ranks your emails on a scale of how engaging they are based on how they're performing - exactly how it's calculated isn't public but basically it's all the stuff that you'd consider as engagement, really. The score is attached to the email and will change as more people do/don't engage with it, but the score itself isn't based on a single send - so that's why it's flat over time when it's not getting sent.

Danny_Tran5
Level 3

Ohhhh. Thanks so much for the insight, the graph makes a lot more sense now.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

it's based on clicks and opens for each email against an index built off of all Marketo customers. Unless they changed it.