SOLVED

Enabling Writing to Certain Account Fields Only

Go to solution
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 9 - Champion

Enabling Writing to Certain Account Fields Only

According to the post below it is possible to allow writing to account level fields. However, the post makes it seem like an all or nothing approach.

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/marketo-whisperer-blogs/when-do-the-marketo-account-company-fields-bec...

Is it possible for support to only allow writing to certain account fields?

Tyron Pretorius
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tyron_Pretorius
Level 9 - Champion

Re: Enabling Writing to Certain Account Fields Only

I confirmed with Marketo support that it is possible to give Marketo write access to Account fields but it has to be ALL account fields i.e. you cannot allow writing to only a certain number of fields.

So if you want writing to only a certain number of fields you have to enable writing to ALL and then put field blocking rules in place to stop writing to the fields you don't want Marketo to change

Tyron Pretorius

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AWmindtree
Level 4

Hi @Tyron_Pretorius 

If your Marketo is connected to a CRM with Native integrations, then what you read in the Article is correct.
If a Lead is converted to Contact, then Account fields in Marketo becomes read only. Even Marketo Support would not be unable to allow that. 
We came across a similar situation in past and used a workaround. In SF, we built a logic to copy the values from XYZ Account object field to a XYZ[new field] on Lead object and vice versa.

The XYZ [new field] Lead Object was synced with XYZ field on Person Object in Marketo. 
Which allowed us to write on that Account level field. 

Tyron_Pretorius
Level 9 - Champion

I confirmed with Marketo support that it is possible to give Marketo write access to Account fields but it has to be ALL account fields i.e. you cannot allow writing to only a certain number of fields.

So if you want writing to only a certain number of fields you have to enable writing to ALL and then put field blocking rules in place to stop writing to the fields you don't want Marketo to change

Tyron Pretorius