SOLVED

Empty link in activity log

Go to solution
David_Abling
Level 1

Empty link in activity log

Hello,

This is my 2nd post so please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. (If I am, kindly tell me where to direct this post).

I'm seeing some weird activity in several of our customers' activity log in regards to links being empty. In one example, a customer's activity log shows a click email activity type, but diving deeper to find out what link was clicked, all we see is an empty link. Below is a screenshot of the activity details.

In the email that was sent to this specific user, there is no empty link.

I'm under the assumption that this could be link scanners, but can't confirm. 

Can anyone help identify what's happening, what's causing this, and how can we see what links are being clicked?

User activity shows a link is clicked but in this log, no link is found.User activity shows a link is clicked but in this log, no link is found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Empty link in activity log

You almost certainly had a blank value for that {{my.token}} at the time the email was sent (this could be due to sending from a program that didn't have an inherited copy of the token).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Is there a link in that email that's made from a token?

David_Abling
Level 1

Hi Sanford, 

Yes, we inserted tokens in our links, such as https://{{my.Token}}

SanfordWhiteman

You almost certainly had a blank value for that {{my.token}} at the time the email was sent (this could be due to sending from a program that didn't have an inherited copy of the token).

kpara3
Level 2

Agreed with Sanford - you'll find some issues with visibility into link interactions with links in tokens. But if that's not the case, I'd recommend sending an email to yourself (not as a test) and clicking links to see how it tracks your clicks, if you can isolate the link that may be the issue. If that doesn't work, I'd see if support has some insights.

David_Abling
Level 1

Ah I see, thanks. I was not aware of that.

I've sent test emails to myself for all email sends, so I'm going to check my own account and see if this is what is happening.

Thank you both!