Embedding Marketo forms on Wordpress

Nick_Weirens
Level 2

Re: Embedding Marketo forms on Wordpress

Thank you! Did you happen to check out those other ones like Hoosh or Zaper? What made you go with Grazitti?

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

We looked at a few options, but Grazitti was cost-effective and easy to work with, and we have several other pieces of their integration active on our site. 

In addition to form-fill, we've been able to do real-time personalization on our blog for content, images and ads. The plugin also links the blog to Marketo in a way that lets us send a digest email from our own templates just by clicking the articles we want included... so in essentially three clicks I have a perfectly created digest email out the door. Their support has also been great, which has been very helpful.

Nick_Weirens
Level 2

That is extremely helpful. Thank you

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But their solution isn't actually suitable for professional sites (a newbie hacker can break it, and all your other integrations, in half an hour).

That's the difference between something that "works" and something that should be exposed to the public.

Nick_Weirens
Level 2

Have you ever heard of (or had) any hacks or attacks when using Grazitti?

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

I have not, but I feel like this would be a question they would be comfortable with addressing if you asked them directly. I know I've asked some of our other vendor partners for information about their security standards.

SanfordWhiteman

To hone in directly on the problem area, it's not security as in "exfiltrating private data."  It's a question of uptime under load and collateral damage to other services.

There's no way (I am not exaggerating, there is no way) for an approach that consumes an API call for every anonymous request to bear up under quite minor load. It is mathematically impossible.

Think of it like this, perhaps: there's a fancy sports car, keys in the ignition, gull-wings open, in the parking lot of a high school. 1 whole gallon of gas in the tank. School's out, and cops are all on furlough. Is that a low-risk scenario, day after day?

Kevin_Pferdner
Level 2

Hey Nick,

I work for HyperX Media and we are a Marketo LaunchPoint Partner. We have actually created a WordPress plugin that does exactly what you are looking for. You can get it here: Marketo Forms Wordpress Plugin - Free | HyperX Media

On a side note, we also just launched a Chrome Extension that allows you to clear your cookies easily when testing forms. You can grab that here: Clear Marketo Cookies - Chrome Browser Plugin | - HyperX Media

I hope these help!

Kevin

SanfordWhiteman

You can't advertise directly on the Nation.

Kevin_Pferdner
Level 2

Sorry - not meant to be an advertisement but mostly just to be helpful. We don't charge for these tools.