Re: Embedding a Mkto Form on an External Page

Angus_McCann1
Level 3

Embedding a Mkto Form on an External Page

We're trying to embed a Marketo Form on our company page to track "guest account" purchases; A person without an e-commerce account would be asked to either log-in to their account or provide their email address (in an embedded Mkto Form) to go on to the check-out process. 

1) If I have the form inside of a Marketo program, do all form fills automatically become members of the program that the form is in even though the form is embedded NOT on a Marketo Landing page? I'm pretty sure we've been told repeatedly this is the expected result - should someone fill out the form, even if it's embedded somewhere else, they will automatically be added to the program. However, when we went to test this, that didn't seem to be the case. I'm perfectly fine with adding a "Add to Program" smart campaign, but I just want to make sure this isn't something I need to submit to support.

2) If someone fills out a Marketo form on a subdomain with our Munchkin tracking script, do all subsequent page views get added to the account? Our munchkin code is on the subdomain that houses our e-commerce check-out pages - I can see web activity on those pages inside our Analytics reports - however most of them are "anonymous". If they fill out a Marketo form before accessing those pages (thereby creating/updating a person in Marketo), will Marketo automatically add the page view activity to that person's activity log? We've only ever confirmed that the munchkin code can map after clicking through an email to the subdomains that have the code, but not if a form on that subdomain will also function the same.

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Embedding a Mkto Form on an External Page

2) If someone fills out a Marketo form on a subdomain with our Munchkin tracking script, do all subsequent page views get added to the account?

Not just subsequent activities. Previous Visit Web Page and Click Link activities are also associated with the known lead in your database (wouldn't say "added to the account", that sounds account-related).

The only requirement is that you have Munchkin setting its cookies at the uppermost level (the shared parent domain). This works automatically if your TLD is at least 3 letters long (like "com").  If you're under a 2-letter TLD (like "ly") you need manual configuration.