Re: Embedded forms + Progressive profiling + visibility rules

Patricia_Villa2
Level 1

Embedded forms + Progressive profiling + visibility rules

Hello,

I have a scenario of an embedded marketo form in a wordpress website which has rpogressive profilling enabled and some of the fields within the progressive profilling have some visibility rules fields.

I've sorted out the pre-fill fields data with a wordpress plugin, so that the progressive profilling actually works with the expected experience (as if it were a marketo l.p.) but the fields with visibility rules may not appear as expected when placed in progressive profiling since they are dependent on on other progressive profiling fields which loaded on previous visits.

Since visibility fields load dynamically on the specified fields during that visit, I needed to move the visibility fields outside of the progressive profiling for them to function as expected, but this presents aesthetic issues though which may require custom coding to resolve or another workaround.

Has anyone experience this? do you guys have more information about potential workarounds for the desired workflow including how to move the visibility fields below progressive fields and how to submit previous form fill information?

BR,

PV

17 REPLIES 17
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Patricia,

Quite some writing have been made about reordering fields in the form, including the PP ones. One of the best is Sanford Whiteman​ framework here : MktoForms2 :: Demo :: Override Field Order 1.0.2

-Greg

Patricia_Villa2
Level 1

Thanks Grégoire, I'll give it a try   and get back to you hopefully with a YAY!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I've sorted out the pre-fill fields data with a wordpress plugin, so that the progressive profilling actually works with the expected experience (as if it were a marketo l.p.

Actually, ProgPro on an embedded form works fine without Pre-Fill.  They're different technologies. The only thing necessary for ProgPro is to know whether the field has a non-empty value. This is possible without transporting the value itself and is natively supported by the embed.

In any case plugins like the one you're referring to create a Denial of Service vulnerability against, well, themselves and all your other API integrations. You should use the method that doesn't have any API dependencies: Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.

Patricia_Villa2
Level 1

Hi Sanford thanks, it actually worked for the first testings and the I got a hotlink error message, is this what you refer to when saying the Denial Of Service vulnerability?

BR,

PV

SanfordWhiteman

I don't know which product you're trying, but the DoS vulnerability is because any such plugin has to call the the Marketo API with every pageview. It's trivial to send tens of thousands of requests in a short time and use all your API calls.

Patricia_Villa2
Level 1

I'm using the HyperX wordpress plugin and works beautifully https://www.hyperxmedia.com/ultimate-marketo-forms-wordpress-plugin/

SanfordWhiteman

Until someone decides to shut it down, it is functional. That's the thing about DoS vulnerabilities.

Patricia_Villa2
Level 1

this is the exact error message: 412 Precondition Failed: Hotlinking not allowed

SanfordWhiteman

Are you referring to the API-free method from the blog post? You have to host the JS in your server (it's noted as one of the steps in the setup).