Re: Embedded Forms & Ad Blockers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded Forms & Ad Blockers?

Has anyone else noticed embedded forms not being shown for people using an ad blocker such as Ghostery? 
Tags (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

A colleague reported to me today that one of our Forms (2.0) embedded on a non-marketo page is not being displayed for her. She uses Adblock Plus.

I haven't been able to find further discussions or documentation of this issue in the community. Any luck on your side? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few people are having the same issue with our form located here: http://www.outsell.com/insights/

I find it very unsettling that every time I have an issue and look for something in the community first, there are so many discussions like this where more than one person has an issue MONTHS ago that no one from Marketo has addressed. I have to open a case with Support every time I want real help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had it pointed out that in FireFox the AdBlock plugin blocks our 2.0 forms on landing pages. There needs to be a resolution to this from Marketo immediately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're seeing the same issue too - AdBlock plugin preventing embedded forms 2.0 from displaying in Chrome.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears that Marketo is on one of the lists that AdBlock offers its users:

This list is called the "EasyPrivacy"

This is the link to the actual list (do a ctrl-f to find marketo):
https://easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org/easyprivacy.txt

Hiram_Cruz
Level 2

I'm also having trouble with embedded Forms 2.0 not rendering on Non-Marketo pages. The problem can very well be AdbBlock.. but I'm not exactly sure and  I can't seem to find a solution for it in any discussion. Please help
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does using the older-style ("1.0") forms resolve the issue for anyone?

Best,
Isaac
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Guys,

You may want to try changing the sources in your embed code to load from your CNAME instead of from the default marketo domains in the embed code like so:

Default code:

<script src="//app-sjst.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.js"></script> //we need to change app-sjst.marketo.com
<form id="mktoForm_1026"></form>
<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sjst.marketo.com", "299-BYM-827", 1026);</script> //need to change here as well

Modified code:

<script src="//kenny.example.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.js"></script> //changed to LP Domain
<form id="mktoForm_1026"></form>
<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//kenny.example.com", "299-BYM-827", 1026);</script> //Changed to LP domain

You can vote for this idea if you think this should be the default behavior: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JwL7AAK

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kenny Elkington​, just so I understand correctly, as long as we have our CNAME configured properly here:

pastedImage_0.png

We would simply change our embed code from:

<script src="//app-sj08.marketo.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_1458"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//app-sj08.marketo.com", "xxx-xxx-xxx", 1458);</script>

to this:

<script src="//pages.avanade.com/js/forms2/js/forms2.min.js"></script>

<form id="mktoForm_1458"></form>

<script>MktoForms2.loadForm("//pages.avanade.com", "xxx-xxx-xxx", 1458);</script>