Embedded form 2.0 does not prepopulate

Anonymous
Not applicable

Embedded form 2.0 does not prepopulate

I have been testing forms 2.0 embed mode. It works fine excepted for 1 thing : it does not prepopulate. 

On the sale test page, I have a forms 1.0 in an iframe that prepopulates fine and a forms 2.0 that does not.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help,
Greg
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Embedded form 2.0 does not prepopulate

The weird thing is that it recognizes me : if I set up the form to show a custom HTML for known leads, that custom HTML does show up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In fact, forms 2.0 documentation sets that form prefill does not work when embedding forms on a web page. Lest make it an idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prefill was apparently broken in Forms 2.0, in our experience most notably with forms having visibility rules. 

We have a ticket open.  Apparently a fix will be introduced this month, in the February release.  

We are holding tight.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has there been any movement on this Konrad? I'm still seeing the behavior if I insert a form element on a landing page, data will prepopulate, but if I use the embed code, data does not prepopulate.

I'm using the embed code because I want to be able do additional configurion via the callback I can provide in the Forms 2.0 API, and I don't believe there is a way to do that when you insert a form element into the landing page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry Ryan, but we had to abandon embedded forms in February after Marketo support clarified that embedded forms 2.0 did not support pre-fill by design (this was a requirement for us).

Sorry for my confusion — when I wrote this, I misunderstood and thought the fix they were working on pertained to both pre-fill and the broken JS of the malfunctioning visibility rules.   However, it turned out the open support case actually only pertained to the fixing of the broken visibility rules.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the follow up Konrad. Good to know. What I'd really like to do is use the form element,but still have access to the Forms 2.0 APIs. I'll follow up on a separate thread with questions regarding that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

There appears to be an additional thread discussing this issue that indicates (from a Marketo employee) that this issue will be addressed in 2014 (as of 2014-3-18).