How do I add a program within my engagement program to split test emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I add a program within my engagement program to split test emails?

Hi all

I want to add a program within my engagement program/stream so that I can split test the emails we are sending. This is the first time we have run an engagement program and we only have one stream (for now) in it, that has three emails.

Example - sent a/b test to 20% of audience. Automatically send the remaining 80% of the audience the winning email within the stream.

Our cast is set to run once a week on a Tuesday. So if we could send the split test on a Tuesday, then the winning email on the Thursday. Then the next week, split test the second email on Tuesday, winning email on Thursday.

Hopefully this makes sense...!

Can anyone help? I was told yesterday you can do this in engagement programs by adding another program, I just can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks
Hannah

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I add a program within my engagement program to split test emails?

I think that you need to use the champion challenger option. The required steps are quite well outlined if you follow the following articles: 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LGX7CAO 

This will allow you to apply the A/B criteria to your email. However, as far as I am aware it is up to you to declare the winner, so you couldn't send the 20% test separately every Tuesday and then the winner automatically every Thursday. 

The Email program can automatically send the winner but as far as I know you cannot reference an email program in an engagement stream. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I add a program within my engagement program to split test emails?

Hi Hanna,

You can check out how the Champion/Challenger option on this video
http://pages2.marketo.com/final-release-dec13-presentation.html

This video is to explain the new Email Program (back in december), but that part is very well explained there by Cheryl, starting on 51:35. However, as Cathal points out, this is triguer bassed and I'm not sure if this works for your case.