Re: Embed Marketo Form into a SquareSpace Page

Heloise_Briere1
Level 2

Embed Marketo Form into a SquareSpace Page

Hello!

One of our companies has a SquareSpace website and we're trying to embed a form into a SquareSpace page.

The form worked fine but when pushing it live and adding it to the navigation, I noticed that the Marketo form doesn't show up unless you refresh the page. I couldn't find any document about that. Did anyone have experience the same issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? We're trying to avoid having to redirect people to a Marketo LP, we want all our forms to be embedded on the website directly.

Thanks in advance,

Heloise

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You're going to need to show us the URL.

Caitlin_Polasek
Level 1

I know this is old...we've got the same issue and are looking for a solution. As far as we've found, it has to do with the Marketo form embed Javascript not being compatible with the Ajax loading on newer Squarespace themes:

Why doesn't my javascript code work until I refresh the page? - Coding and Customization - Squarespa... 

Is it possible to get Ajax-enabled code for forms from Marketo?

SanfordWhiteman

"Ajax-enabled" is not an actual thing (it's a rather nonsensical expression coined in that forum post).

Do you mean "local JS that dynamically injects the forms2.min.js <script> and dynamically creates a <form> element"?

Caitlin_Polasek
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response. I'm not a developer so pardon the pseudo-terminology; the Squarespace forum is the closest thing I've found to a solution to this problem.

Would "local JS that dynamically injects the forms2.min.js <script> and dynamically creates a <form> element" solve the problem with forms not displaying on Squarespace until after the page is refreshed? If so, then yes, that's what I want!

SanfordWhiteman

What SS theme are you using?

Caitlin_Polasek
Level 1

I don't know but I will find out (the site belongs to a client of my client, so I am a few steps removed from checking directly).

In the meantime, the template ID is 55f0aac0e4b0f0a5b7e0b22e in case that is useful. It looks like a number of themes all share that template ID.

SanfordWhiteman

When you find out the configuration, post back, as there are differences across versions and styles.

SanfordWhiteman

I'm writing a blog post on this topic now, so look for my byline tomorrow.

SanfordWhiteman