embed a form within an email

Randall_Tam
Level 2

embed a form within an email

Hi,

I am looking for a way to may a CTA in an email a form action.  I am trying to do a one click registration for an event for known Leads.  I don't want to have the CTA in an email send a lead back to a landing page to fill out a form if I already have there information.  Is there a way to set this up where the known lead clicks the CTA link in an email that automatically registers them and send out the confirmation email?

Thanks,

Randall

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: embed a form within an email

Please move the thread to Products and we'll pick it up there.

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Thanks Sanford, it has been moved to products

SanfordWhiteman

The answer is "Yes, but don't do this with a click." Mail scanners will click your "instant" registrations and you don't want that.

Automatically posting the form should (though no guarantees) avoid most false positives.

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){

form.submit();

});

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Sorry Sanford, not understanding where to add this piece of code.

SanfordWhiteman

On an LP with a form.

Randall_Tam
Level 2

Sorry to bother you.  What I do is create a form, under From settings>>Form Theme>>Edit Simple Custom CSS and add the code provided.

Then use this form on a landing page and use the Landing page URL as the email CTA?

Hobie_Thompson1
Level 4

The CSS wouldn't be where this would go. You'd want to go into the LP itself and edit the HTML. If you have a Marketo form on your LP, you'd put it above the div where it starts, like this:

<script>

MktoForms2.whenReady(function(form){ 

form.submit(); 

});

</script>

<div class="mktoForm" id="form1" mktoName="form1">