Emails sent using Marketo Sales Insight

Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Emails sent using Marketo Sales Insight

If a sales user send an email using Sales Insight, how do we include these emails in activity reports and dashboards?  Does the email not log on the lead or contact record under activity history?

3 REPLIES 3
Scott_Daily
Level 3

Re: Emails sent using Marketo Sales Insight

Hi Erin! Are your Sales reps sending via Salesforce, Outlook, Gmail, something else?

My SDRs send with Sales Insight frequently via Salesforce. We have it set-up to automatically log these activities via the integration settings in Salesforce. They all populate with a subject line that contains "Sales Email" but unfortunately are logged without an activity type. They are all included in the activity reports and dashboards I've created in Salesforce automatically.

The Sales Insight Email Performance report in Marketo is also very useful to understand which Sales reps are sending via Sales Insight and which templates are being used.

Let me know how your reps are using it and what you're hoping to see in reports and dashboards.

Erin_Pinkowski
Level 2

Hi Scott,

The SDR's are sending through Sales Insight via Salesforce.  So I just need to edit the integration settings in SF to automatically log the activities?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Erin,

Have your reps use the BCC salesforce function in the email to create the activity on the contact/lead and send via marketo to get the tracking. This works WAY better than the marketo/sf sync function.

I can walk you through the process if any of that is confusing. (edit: I wrote this before I realized that your reps are sending directly through SF rather than an email connector. So my answer may not be valid. The method I briefly outlined populates the actual email subject and body into the activity of the contact/record while tracking via marketo. This is how we use the gmail connector.)