Re: Emails for sales people to forward on/use

Carly_Stevens
Level 2

Emails for sales people to forward on/use

Hello - after I have sent marketing emails out, our sales team often ask for copies to send on to their contacts. Is the best way to do this via MSI? I'm sure if I send direct to them and they forward on, that anyone who clicks a link will be cookied back to that sales person's activity?

Thanks,

Carly

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

You can send yourself a test email so that is does not include Marketo cookie tracking and then forward that on. The problem with forwarding emails is that most email clients will start messing up the css and styling of HTML emails when you forward it to someone.

Ideally MSI is your best option as if will send it as it should look. There are also plugins for MSI that let you sales team send the emails from outlook.

Sonali_Jadeja3
Level 4

Hi Carly,

Yes, the best way to do this is via MSI if you already use it. You can publish your email to MSI and sales users can just go to the lead/contact record in MSI and they use the send marketo email action. This way email would be tracked via marketo and you wouldn't compromise on the layout.

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Sonali

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This is definitely the best option - especially if you want to track this activity.  Unfortunately, it's not very scalable as there's no filtering option available and the drop-down consists of a laundry list of emails.  As this list increases, Sales will get very confused as to which email to use (or find the one they want to use).  This compounds exponentially when you also have country-specific, translated emails.  (here's an idea to vote up: )

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Carly Stevens​,

MSI is most certainly the best option. But in case MSI is not an option, the below flow can also e helpful.

pastedImage_0.png

This way the sales team would get a copy (Alert) after the marketing email is sent.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If you don't have MSI, you can give them a link to a webpage version that has the Forward to a friend system token and tell them to use that feature.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

+1, I really think this is the best option of all.

Allen_Bush
Level 1

Where is the option / flow to create such a web page version with fwd-to-friend?

Allen Bush
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Jay's referring to the standard Forward to Friend link, which can't be retrieved on the server side but can be retrieved from any received copy of the email.