SOLVED

Re: Email tracking links SSL error

Go to solution
RebekahHodge
Level 2

Email tracking links SSL error

Hi - I wonder if anyone can help here. We have recently migrated from Pardot to Marketo but I've been having issues with my email links displaying an error message and I can't figure out why. I've asked support and they haven't been able to help me so far and I've tried a number of things but it's still displaying this error:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from info.burfordcapital.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Elizabeth_Ferna
Level 2

Since submitting the comment, the issue was resolved. Our IT worked directly with Marketo Support. During our call, we uncovered that Marketo’s partner, Cloudflare, changed their certificate vendor recently [https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/changes-to-marketo-engage-secured-domains-platform/ba-p/...]. The SSL certs were still being issued by the former vendor. They investigated, reissued the certs, and ensured that secured SSL was enabled. The issue was resolved within a couple of hours from our call with Support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Your domain is secured, do you have an example link you can share?

RebekahHodge
Level 2

It was a SSL issue, but it was resolved very quickly after I wrote this ticket! I tried to delete this post but no dice. Thank you for your help though and it's all resolved now! 

efernandezapus
Level 1

Can you tell me how it was resolved? We are experiencing the same issue. Did support have to make the change or was it your company's IT?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you supply a screenshot of the error (including the location bar in the screenshot so we can see the domain)?

Elizabeth_Ferna
Level 2

Since submitting the comment, the issue was resolved. Our IT worked directly with Marketo Support. During our call, we uncovered that Marketo’s partner, Cloudflare, changed their certificate vendor recently [https://nation.marketo.com/t5/product-blogs/changes-to-marketo-engage-secured-domains-platform/ba-p/...]. The SSL certs were still being issued by the former vendor. They investigated, reissued the certs, and ensured that secured SSL was enabled. The issue was resolved within a couple of hours from our call with Support.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Steven says, your certificate is set up correctly on the server side.

Do your results change depending on what client (browser) you use, like if you’re behind a corporate VPN vs. on a personal phone? This is rare, but if so, that may indicate that your corp firewall doesn’t sufficiently support a protocol called SNI, which is necessary to connect to secure Marketo branding domains.

Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@RebekahHodge ,

can you give us an example of the link as it appears in the Marketo email editor, and if you right click on the link on a received email and select 'copy link address' what that link looks like as well.

Cheers

Jo