Re: Email template library

Tori_Costa
Level 2

Email template library

Does anyone know where I can find samples of templates in the new email editor? We haven't yet switched to version 2.0, but I want to get a sense of what our options are when we do, and a search for email templates within Marketo keeps bringing me to designs from 2014 or so.

17 REPLIES 17
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Hi Tori,

You can just enable Email 2.0, click "New Email" from Design Studio, then download the HTML and/or send yourself samples, take screenshots of previews, etc. You can then turn off Email 2.0 when you're done. This is the best way to take a peek.

Justin

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

Hey Justin,

We use Lotus Notes (I know, how awful!). I've managed to customize one of the new email templates. It looks awesome everywhere but Lotus Notes! Management sees these emails in LN so it's necessary they look good there!

Any tips on editing the html so it works for LN?

gmail:

gmail.JPG

lotus notes:

notes.JPG

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Good old Lotus Notes!!!

Ok, so we've definitely invested in making sure the templates work great in all versions of Outlook client, webmail like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.., and mobile devices. We'll 100% continue to update the templates and fix bugs in that regard. But, I don't think we'll be able to invest in fixing formatting issue for Lotus Notes. As you can imagine, very very few people still use Lotus Notes and it's hard to justify the investment for accommodating it.

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

Understood. Thanks for your response. Maybe some day we'll join the rest of the world and ditch Notes!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Yeah, our templates do have inline styling and you'll see that there is some styling being applied. But, it looks like it's falling back to default font family because the client doesn't support web fonts. You could probably change the fallback font to be closer to the web font and also change other aspects of the styling. This would involve some code customization, however.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Kim,

On notes, if I remember well, you will have to inline all the styles.

-Greg

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

Thanks Greg. I'll give that a try.

Julie_Colwell1
Level 5

Hi Kim Meyers ,
Did you figure out a solution for this? We have Lotus Notes (and will be migrating to Outlook in the next few months - happy dance,) but I need to get these templates LN ready. I tried to inline all the styles, but it didn't work.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Julie

For notes 8.5 or higher, the behavior is usually very similar to older versions of outlook.

Any template working well on outlook 2003 - 2007 will normally render decently on Notes. It will never be perfect, though.

Use a tool such as Litmus to pre-test.

-Greg